Upgrading Nvidia 220 to GTX 570, will power supply support? - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 12:54 AM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie
Talking Re: Upgrading Nvidia 220 to GTX 570, will power supply support?

> where was the savings?
Some people cheap out on every single Part buying whatever is cheap on the assumption that they will save money, and save money they do; so it enforces their belief towards that line of thinking.

There is usually a reason that something is "cheap" or "on sale" and it is not because everyone wants one. I had the same discussion about Opteron Chips last week; there is a reason for 10x difference in price and it is not just to rip you off. The person figured if they filled every space (no room to upgrade) with 2x the cheapest Parts (uP and memory) then they would be better off than buying fewer of the premium Parts.

Even Garbage Bags have a range of pricing and the cheapest ones may not get you to the Curb.

[rant]Employers are the WORST with that line of thinking. They want someone to fill the Chair and do what they are told (by someone who doesn't know) instead of hiring someone who knows what to do and how to do it three times faster (for only $2-5 an hour more). Instead they employer would hire four people; three to do the work slow (and sometimes wrong) and the fourth to re-work the mistakes and twiddle their thumbs (do lower valued work) when things slow down. Then they dare not let these nincompoops go since they would waste "all the training" (sic) they were given and go somewhere else for $0.25 an hour more (ya, right). When these fools have over ten years experience with the Company devising ways to do things against the taught Standards then they become Managers and so the cycle continues. The owner only understands that they must employ people for cheap since the Customers keep leaving (causing dryspells) and they must work at getting new ones by offering a lower price.[/rant]

I don't need 25 caret Gold Garbage Bags (since that would not make them stronger) but I do need the film to be blown at a consistent thickness and the seams to be strong.

Bulldozer Will Rule.

http://img.tineye.com/result/adb2576...a2f274a8433fda Got a question, try the Search Bar.
Closed Thread