Upgrading now

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoisonPorkchop

Daemon Poster
I was planning on upgrading my computer, but have decided to hold off for a while. Right now we are right on the verge of the next generation, and with the new PPU coming out, AMD motherboards that support DDR2, and the new GPU's from ATI, coupled with the constant price reductions from the holiday season, now is not the best time. What if ATI's next card comes out and blows away the 512MB 7800gtx? Then the brand new graphics card that you just spent almost 800 dollars on will be obsolete. Don't get me wrong, that card will keep on truckin' long into the next generation, but it would be wise to see if ATI can give it a run for its money. All of this, combined with smaller changes like phasing out AGP, dual core processors, memory built into sound cards, and 64 bit operating systems make upgrading now a very costly, and very risky proposition. Just something to think about.

And since I know this will come up, I have nothing against the 7800 series or nVidia as a whole. If you have one more power to ya, I was just using it as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom