In Runtime
Here is the rig I am currently running:
Asus P5B Deluxe
Intel e6600
8800GTS 640mb
2gb ram
OCZ Gamextream 700W PSU
WinXP home 32bit

What I am considering is 2 more gigs of RAM, Vista 64 bit, and a new videocard, maybe a gtx285 or a 4850/70 X2.
What I'm wondering is if the rest of my current hardware, mobo and proc, would be holding back the new hardware? And if the PSU could handle the new videocard? Thanks.

No you shouldn't be bottlenecked but i would go for like a gtx 285 instead of a x2 ati. Or just go for a 4870. Im asuming your gaming? If so, at what res?

What resolution are you playing at. If money isnt a concern go for the 285, if you dont mind buggy drivers and having a dual gpu card pick up the x2.

I'll be gaming at 1920x1200.
I didn't know that the x2 cards had buggy drivers. If that's the case I'll probably go with the 285. Unless there's another card yo would recommend.

Well for that res a x2 would be nice if you want to deal with the issues of it. But i would recommend going for a 285. I considered getting a x2 a while back but i heard a lot of bad things about them and decided to not go that way.

^you do know that the 295 is a x2 right? that's why we are recommending the 285 as it is not. the 295 has some serious heat issues, just ask rican, that thing gets hot as heck. He's water cooling it because of it's temperature.

yes. i was just throwing that out there.

i thought yall were talking about the ati x2's not nvidia.

if the OP doesn't want a dual gpu card then the 285 is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom