Upgrading my system

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I think I might build a new system and use the old parts for my dad's build.

I do not need a complete system, I going to reuse the case, hard drives, dvd drive, and possibily power supply. The parts are in my sig.

CPU-probably the most obvious choice, the Core i7 920

MOBO-I am not to knowledgeable in this part

CPU Cooler-I figured I go with the Cooler Master V8 unless someone has a better suggestion. Will the Cooler Master fit in the case I have? I assume it would.

RAM- I am going to get 6gb's. I figured I would get DDR3 1600 since it is not that much higher in cost over DDR3 1066.

GPU- I was looking at the EVGA GTX 275 1792 version. Does anybody know when the new Nvidia card are coming out? It would be nice to use the Step-up program so I could get a Directx 11 card.

PSU- Do you think I could reuse the PSU I am using now or would it better to get a new one?

OS- Windows 7 Pro

This build is primary use will be gaming and the other usual stuff.

I have been doing some searching and it looks like I am going to be spending around $1000 even reusing some of my stuff. Is there any reason I should hold off? Are prices going to come down anytime soon?

Man, what would it cost to build a whole new system? When I built the rig I am using now, which was about 2 years ago, I spent around $1000 for everything but the monitor. Gaming is starting to be an expensive hobby.

I know my current rig is still pretty good but I like to have the latest and greatest.

I may hold off on a whole system for a while and just buy a card. Even a card by itself is pretty expensive.

Does anybody know when the new Nvidia cards are supposed to be released?

Well for $1000 you're not gonna have the latest and greatest. You'll be able to go i7, but for video card you'll probably only be able to afford a 4890 maybe (which is still good). You'll still have a great computer overall, but strictly gaming, the q6600 paired with the 5870 would still be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom