Upgrading my Mousy. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Haha, quick question here, currently using a Microsoft Wireless Opitical Mouse 2.0, picked it up for about 44$ from Wal-Mart....

Well, X-Mas is coming and I'd like a new one, I'm trying to decide between these 2. They look super nice on newegg.

Logitech G7 931375-0403 2-Tone 6 Buttons 1x Wheel USB RF Laser Mouse - Retail
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104203

Logitech G5 Laser 931376-0403 2-Tone 6 Buttons 1x Wheel USB Laser Mouse - Retail
- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826104191

Heh, everyone says NEVER GET WIRELESS MOUSE!!! I've had mine for 4-5 months and it seems to work fine.... Whats so bad about em? The Copperhead don't look to bad? I dunno tuff choice.

Also whats the whole DPI thing about? I've never really took MICE seriously why would you want to adjust your mouses DPI, I know Dots per Inch, but why don't you always just leave it on the highest setting?

I have a diamondback, the step down from the copperhead. It is the same basic shape as the copperhead except it is 1600dpi and dosn't have as many features. Both the copperhead and the G5 are 2000dpi, currently the best gaming mice you can get, but I think the copperhead is better because it has more buttons. The higher the DPI, the more pixel perfect aim you will have in FPS', but you will still suck if really do just suck :)

Yah having a crappy mouse messes me up in CS. When running the game at high resolution, I can't perfectly aim the mouse at one location and some of the pixels skip so I can't pinpoint people form far away.

Wow, those are some expensive mice. I would never want more than the three regular buttons (right, left, and wheel). Seems like I'd press the other ones on accident. I do like how the G5 has the lanyard-style covered cord, though.

actually the G7 mouse, although its wireless there is no lag when using the mouse. so just thought id give u a heads up since that G7 is really a very very good mouse

Get the Razer if you have smaller hands. I have big hands and the Razer is just too small. The G5 is nice because you can add weights to it, and it is larger and more comfortable in my opinion.

First of all, wireless mice ARE good for gaming if you get the right one, everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and says they're bad. I personally would take the G5 over the Copperhead and the G7 because although the Copperhead has more buttons, i just don't like the feel of the mouse with those butttons and when i was checking it out at Best Buy, it seemed as if i was going to press those buttons accidentally if i was in a game. I definitely loved the feel of the G5, it seemed to fit my hand perfectly, i'm 17 so my hand is about normal sized. Also Logitech is a very good company that makes products with great quality and reliability. G5 hands down :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom