Upgrading my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
I want to upgrade my laptop so my games and applications run more smoothly. I know it's easy to upgrade RAM, but how much would this improve performance - especially for playing games.

How easy is it to upgrade say a graphics card on my laptop?

Or, should I just wait, and buy a new Vista capable laptop when Vista is released - which would also give me a chance to save my pennies.

RAM can make an incredible difference in gaming, if you get good stuff.

My old computer only had 512mb of RAM. I tried playing BF2 on it, and it lagged like a mofo, so I bought a cheap 40$ stick of DDR400 512mb and it was like a night and day difference.

big difference. do it get another 512. if u have some money get a 1gig stick. games are starting to require more ram.

You cannot upgrade the video card in your laptop unless you have one of the newer *MFX*? I think thats what it is, which are newer replaceable cards, although I think the minimum card on that one is a 7600? or around there at least. Anyways, doubtful you can upgrade the video card.

Hmmm, I thought that would be the case for the grapics card. Well, I guess I will have to buy some more RAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom