Upgrading my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimus GriimE

Baseband Member
Hi i recently purchased a new computer and today brought bioshock 2, my system struggles to run it with the graphics on medium, i was very confused by this until i checked bioshock2's system requirements, my cpu and ram are more than capable however my graphics came out at 25%(ran a check on bioshocks website) the card i am using at the minute is the ATI Radeon hd 4350, so i just wondering what card you guys would recommend i should get, it will preferably have to be lower than £100, thanks.

CPU: Quad core processor @ 2.5ghz
RAM: 6GB DDR2

Yeh sorry about that, i just thought 150 is abit too much right now, and yeh it is a pre built, its an acer aspire m3802

that acer comes with a 250W power supply :(
Sapphire HD 4670 512MB GDDR3 DVI VGA HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
with
Corsair 400W CX PSU - 12cm Fan 80Plus Certified Efficiency 6x SATA 1x PCI-E
or
Antec 380W EarthWatts Green PSU - 80plus Bronze Certified
the antec does not come with a power cable, but you can re-use the one your have currently
both are solid units, the Antec is a bit cheaper, but the Corsair is quieter (I own both of them ;))

edit: if you want to go over budget a little bit, the HD 5670 is faster and have DX11 support

even though the core 2 quad is 1 generation behind current, but I think a quad core and 6gb of ram is still a force to be reckoned with :D

maybe it's because I am on the core 2 quad myself hahaha

Now i feel **** as i really should of taken more time but seeing as tho i have it and there is no going back, what would you recommend to get the very best out of my unit?

I'd just go with whatever makes your wallet happy

I use a graphics card similar to the HD 4670 (Geforce 8800GS)
but I can see that it is starting to struggle a bit with the newer games

so I'd pick that HD 5670 if I was upgrading, and then I like my pc to be quiet
so I'd pick the Corsair 400CX

in any case, both the HD 4670 and HD 5670 will be significantly better than the HD 4350

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom