Upgrading my Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait and see what the ETA is on the RAM, the graphics card is also out of stock at the moment.

Again, I appreciate all the help you have given me.

You won't have to sacrifice your 40gig if you do not want to.

IDE cables have 3 connectors, one for motherboard and two for something else. You can just plug the HD and the CD drive in with the same cable.

yes you can do a slave and master. I tried once to do two ide drives in slave/master on my DS3R however my efforts failed and i didn't try much at all....it only read one of my devices and it read it wrong. I'm sure it's possible though

What's you guys' opinion on quad core processors? Looking around on newegg I saw a few that were less than $100 more than the dual core. Are they worth it? Would there be enough of a performance boost over the dual cores to warrant the 80 extra dollars?

I just assumed go with dual core since they have been out for a while now and I knew they would be cheaper than quad core.

Quad-Cores are awesome (as long as its a fast one)

If you do a lot of Multi-tasking and video encoding/photoshop, you should take a Quad-Core, faster clocked dual-cores do better than a slower clocked more core Quad-Core but thats because the games are immature and they aren't developed enough for Quads... but within a couple of years they will get to utilize all 4 of the Cores of a Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom