upgrading motherboard need reformatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catax

Solid State Member
hi, recently i've been thinking about upgrading my mobo and im wondering if these changes will require me to reformat my hd. i rly dont wanna reformat my HD cause i dont have a windows install cd (lol). here's what im planning on

i wanna upgrade my 775 intel motherboard to an SLi mobo with the same socket.
im not changing the CPU, just the board.

so any ideas if i would need to reformat my hd? thank you

Uninstall all the drivers for the mobo before you change it. Then when you have changed it, you can do a windows repair.

You don't have to reinstall, but wouldn't having a fresh windows be better anyways?

i have

p4m800pro mobo
intel core2 6400 2.13g
2gb 800mhz dd2 ram
e-geforce 7800 gs 256mb agp
160g + 300g ide HD

does this help anybit?

well i suppose i should be upgrading to SATA by now... so reformat/new hd samething lol

well i read the article trotter posted, and i'm confused about the part where i have to resintall windows, so im wondering if anyone can give me advises.

right now ,i want to upgrade only my mother board-- according to the system specs i gave, and to dual pci-e graphic cards. CPU im not changing anytime soon, but i would just like to know if i ned to resintall windows that way. i don't have windows install cd or floppy drive connected (not working correctly for some reason). and if it happens to ask me to resintall windows after i put the new mobo in.. im might have to end up buying a new OS.

so can anyone tell me if i would need to resintall? if i do.. ill just wait till i have more money to upgrade everything. thank u

If you need an OS disc, just browse the torrents for one. Downloading the CD is legal as long as you have a valid serial (like the one that's on the sticker on your case or wherever).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom