Upgrading - LOTS of questions
I'll fill you in:
I finally got a job. I finally have money. So here is the plan:
1. Sell 6600
2. Sell 3700+
3. Buy 7600GT
4. Buy X2 3800+
1. How much should I sell the 6600 for? The dilemma is that I have a wicked Zalman cooler on it and I kind of want to keep that, but it has no stock fan anymore. Should I just trash the 6600 and keep the cooler or sell it with the cooler?
2. How much should I try and get for the 3700+?
3. 7600GT or X1800GTO? Which make, model, brand etc? I want something that is *silent*, but can play Oblivion at decent frame rates, even with eye candy.
4. I have heard of alot of problems with X2 processors. I hear that it makes Windows mad, your motherboard mad, and some things don't run right. I know that there are fixes for this, but I want to be CERTAIN that I get the right one. I have the evga nForce 4 SLI motherboard and XP Pro. I could google this, but I know that alot of you have dual core processors and have found what works best, so it is alot easier to ask all of you here.
5. How do I get the most from my Dual core processor. I game *alot* and I have heard rumours that Oblivion can flourish if given the right patch or something. Anyone know anything about this? I cannot overclock, because I do not have the resources. (If I break something, no $$$ to fix/replace it.)
Answer any/all that you please. American $$$ and I buy from Newegg. As always, I am indebted to everyone for any help that they can provide.
<font face=tahoma color=red size=1>Knowledge is power.</font></td></table>