Upgrading with Intel or AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

d00dwheresmycar

Baseband Member
I've heard alot of things about AMD being better then Intel. I don't really understand why? can somone explain? No, I am not an Intel Fanboy, I use AMD myself but why is AMD Better. I see The new Intel Extreme Edition running at 3.4 GHz, and people said they OC'ed it to about 4.5 GHz with water cooling, and the new FX-60, some people OC'ed it to 3.0Ghz, How is the AMD better? I really don't understand why. Also, Intel RAM is alot faster than AMD based RAM, I can't get this straight, somone explain please.

easiet way for me to explain it is this

amd is like a 10 lane highway with a 100mph speed limit

intel is like a 5 lane highway with a 200mph speed limit

they both get the same amount of work done in the same amount of time, intel just has a higher speed with amd has a larger bandwidth

this however is just my personal interpretation of things

:D :D

64 bit processor are better in my op, as Ive read in ur other post you were going to be gaming so go for amd... go here and they will explain it all to you liek experts :D http://forums.amd.com

are you implying that i am not an expert

treason I say!

off with his head...

But honestly do you not think that those forums are going to be ever so slightly bias in amds favor... o_O

haha Im sry...its just im upsessed with AMD and I wanted to lean him toward it. :laughing:

HAVOC2k5 seems to have volunteered his brain.

AMD is better because it is superior in Dual Core and 64 bit computing. There is no need to buy an Intel Extreme Edition because you could easilly buy a AMD X2 4400+ and OC it to AMD FX-60 levels. Intel also overprices their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom