Not open for further replies.

Necromantix

Beta member
-AMD Athlon(tm) 64 processor +3400 1.8GHz
-512mb
-ATI Radeon X850Xt 256mb
-manufact-compaq presario

dont know what else to enter..anyhow my question is this:
what can i add to make my computer faster/better i can play games like Battlefield2 but it lags often and im wanting to know if its also possible to place everything in my tower to a new tower (current one sucks) anyhow im guessing more ram, and abetter processor? my limit atm is 450$ so kind of strapped, any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Yes, you're RAM is probably the biggest bottleneck, followed by the CPU( I think).

my CPU as is:
-AMD Athlon 64 2400MHz (12x200) 3400+
-clawhammer-512 S754

Memory is:
-512Mb (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
-(346Mb used)

thanks for the help thus far, so should i get another 512mb or can you add 1gig along with the 512mb, also the CPU, what is a good one but not to high priced for games, thanks.

Definately upgrade your RAM. 512MB is definetly not enough for today's games. Some will tell you that you need 2GB to play BF2, but 1GB is all you really need. X850XT is a good card, and should play BF2 well.

alright thanks bandwidthogg, so Ive gota good picture on the Memory, now any suggestions of the tower case? also is my processor fine? or should i geta new one.(if so any ideas on which) alright thanks (sleepy)

alright so im looking at www.tigerdirect.ca and looking in the memory, so im bent on gettin 1gig so altogether ill have 1.5g right, soo can anyone help with a good memory brand to buy from (I hear Ultra is good but not sure) also do you think futureshop will have memory there? (dont go there much).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom