Upgrading help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrostedFlames

Solid State Member
Hey guys its gonna be my birthday on july 18 and i am considering upgrading my ram that is 512 ddr and adding a gig and i possible might get a ATI x700 PRO 256MB AGP card but i dont know if i can get both so if you had to get one or the other what would you get? my system specs are right now Two pentium 4 processors running at 3.00 ghz each so 6 ghz toatal and a geforce fx 5600 ultra 128 mb ram and 512 pc3200 ddr ram i usally play World of warcraft and and "source" games i can run them fine now i can run source games on high and 1280 by 780 res and wow i have to run on low with 1280 by 1024 res so any help would be great thanks in advance later all

That sounds like ONE Pentium 4 running Hyperthreading.

What you want is an upgrade. AGP and Pentium 4's are ancient now. Conroe will be out by the 18th, and if you are looking for a budget system, Am2 semprons are already out. Both systems can be built for under 1000 dollars.

If you want more details, please say so, I can link you to some parts. I'm sure any other members would also help.

well im only turning 16 im not looking to completley upgrade im just looking to get a little better stuff at least to play bf2 and play wow and stuff on high settings all the steam games i can play on high all ready but wow i have to play on low same with bf2 but if i get a gig on top of my 512 ram will that be enough or should i go for the x700 pro also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom