Upgrading gpu: HD4870, GTX280 or 260?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only good thing about a superclocked card is that the particular card is guaranteed to run at those higher speeds. But most of the time, you can take the regular past those speeds just fine.

And after seeing all these reviews, im thinking of skipping the 9800GX2 myself and just getting the core 216.

ya i was set on getting a gx2 also
but its either core 216 or 1 gig 4870
and i thinks its gonna be the core 216

no that's usually not the case. Superclocked cards will most likely clock just as far as normal reference cards.

with nvidia lately they have been giving higher voltage into the sc and above cards, most people have been downloading the ftw bios for there gpus, and flashing it because it provides more voltages to the card, allowing a further overclock, so a pre oced card is better just less risky, as it can still be done with a vanilla card.

Those benches are not at 8x AA which I'm pretty sure would paint a different picture.
true, but really, with a high enough res, who needs AA? playing a game without any AA enabled, you won't notice much of a difference. unless your rig lags at higher resolutions. In which case it'll lag with AA on anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom