Upgrading computer i got for christmas - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Upgrading computer i got for christmas

yeh i have used it. its hooked up now.

and yeh the games i "currently play" arent that demanding, but i would like to get into some more games like crisis, and ive heard thats pretty demanding along with codmw2.

so i guess im going to sell this comp and do a new build, this would be my first time doing it, would you just recommend buying a new comp set from best buy?

and does the motherboard and cpu have alot to do with the gaming, if not ill just up the RAM and PSU and video card

Old 01-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Default Re: Upgrading computer i got for christmas

It's probably best that you sell your computer and start from scratch if you want a nice gaming computer that will last for a while.

Definitely build it yourself if you have the time/patience. You will get higher quality
components , save a few bucks, and get to learn about the hardware/software going into
your machine.

You don't have to be "qualified" or an "expert" to build your own rig. Start by watching Youtube videos about building.

First, search for AMD computer builds(least expensive and most bang for your buck). Next, i5 computer build(higher end and more expensive), and finally i7 computer build (high end and most expensive).

After that, talk to the guys here and they will happily put together a list of compatible parts for you to purchase (Newegg is used most often). We can also help along the way with your build. Almost everyone here has a custom rig for good reason. They are always better in all aspects.

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just ask if you are confused.

Closed Thread