Upgrading - Compatibility Check Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, lower timings are better.

both those cpus are x4 955s as you can obviously see, but the one thats in the combo i listed is the newer rev. c3 version vs the one you listed which is the c2.

the c3 is supposed to be slightly better at OCing with like lower voltage and/or temps, something along those lines, compared to the c2.

the combo just happen to have the c3 version.

why is the combo better than what you chose? because you still get a x4 955 along with 4gigs of ddr3 1600 ram. except the ram in the combo has slightly better timings and also because you can save $30. it was just a suggestion though, you can go with your original choice if youd like.

Thanks a lot for pointing that out Muffin. Those Ram sticks don't have but one review though, any experience with them?

That's good, freeing up $30 in the budget means I can grab a cheap HD and use my 10k RPM as a boot drive. Nice.

Yeah I noticed every thing was the same on them but the WD has lower seek time and avg latency, which I assume is good.

Does it not work with Vista though? The Barracuda says yes but the WD is blank.

Cool :)

Overall you think it's a decent system? I know it wont run Crysis 2 or anything but I should be fine with the current and next Gen MMOs right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom