Upgrades Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

meefle

In Runtime
Well i'm upgarding my mobo, cpu, and video card soon. Well heres what i've decided so far:
CPU: AMD Opteron 144
Video Card: Sapphire X1800XT 512MB GDDR3
Mobo: havent decided yet mostly between the DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR and the DFI LP UT RDX200 CF-DR.

My question is do i need a Crossfire certified PSU if i'm not runnin crossfire. I'm eventually gettin crossfire probably with an Antec 550 (i think the NeoHE). My PSU that i will be usin is in my sig, the JUST PC 550W (please no comments.... i kno i was a n00b when i bought it now i kno 100x more than i did when i got this computer but the PSU works great).

Nice setup. And no I dont think you need a certified PSU to run crossfire. Any PSU should work. Like yours you have now should work.

k u clearly dont need it if ur NOT running it, and you SHOULDNT get sli or crossfire, at least not this century.

For CPu i'd suggest an Opteron 165, and OC the shiz out of that MOFO.

GPU is a great choice, but again go with either a 7900GT or a x1900 xt.

Mobo, either get DFI Lanparty UT Ultra-D or MSI K8n neo4-f, despite its price MSI is one of the best overclocking motherboards out there, and one of the best in general.

Yea i dont have the money for a dual-core and a X1900XT right now thats y i'm gettin a 144 and OCin it and a X1800XT. Does the MSI have the same (or almost the same) OCin abilities as the DFI? I trust MSI as a company since i've boughten a few of their graphics cards and love them. If i go with the MSI i might be able to step up to a X1900XT but idk

also forgot to mention i'm also upgrading my HD to a WD 10,000RPM 36.7GB SATA I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom