Upgrade what I have or start from scratch? $800 budget w/monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
guys, a friend of mine is running a
8800gts
e6600
2gb ddr3 800mhz
raid drives
and hes over clocked his cpu and 500 watts is more then enough for him like he doesn't need 660watts bu what ever you say, if he was in sli i would recomend that much but not for what he has.

stop being a troll dude. honestly why start at the bottom and work up, either way someday it will be needed, the 7k series were really hot. and than the 8k series run even hotter, so I'm sure down the line cooling systems will be needed. and as far as the PSU, yea 660 watts is needed to keep running everything the 8k series need alot of power. sorry to bust your bubble but that 660 watts will run that computer for a while. no offense.

umm learn the meaning of a troll, because hes not acting like one at all, he is just making suggestions

if your light on money get this...
Newegg.com - XCLIO GOODPOWER 500W ATX 500W Power Supply 115/ 230 V UL, CUL, TUV, CB, VDE, FIMKO, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO - Retail
will power your system just fine even with the upgrades

you dont need that 600 watt kingwin, which i wouldnt buy because kingwin are not known for there PSU and you can get a better one for cheaper like the one i suggested

guys, a friend of mine is running a
8800gts
e6600
2gb ddr3 800mhz
raid drives
and hes over clocked his cpu and 500 watts is more then enough for him like he doesn't need 660watts bu what ever you say, if he was in sli i would recomend that much but not for what he has.

ya.. but he probably had a good quality one.. or one of those Mid-Range Xclio's or Rosewills

All we are saying....stock psus will not handle what this kid wants to do and overclocking...its ok...im going with him this week to get a new modular psu. Trust me...he does need it. And having more power is always beter then not having enough, this way later on if he upgrades he wont have to buy a new psu. Think ahead ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom