Heres my build

Antec 900
E8400 @ 4.0 GHz
Maximus Formula
ASUS HD 3870
2gb Dominator 1066
700w ps

For upgrades i was thinking:
q9300 (overclock with ultra 120 to 3-3.5 GHz?)
2 more GB of the Dominator 1066
another 3870 for crossfire

What do you think?

Also if i get another 3870 for crossfire would i have to get asus brand or can i go with watever like sapphire or HIS because i cant find the ASUS one anymore?

i would just keep the e8400 cuz ur gonna get more performance out of it, and a q9300 wont oc to 4.0. i would say keep ur cpu unless u can get a q9550.

i would just drop the 2 gb u have now and get a 4gb kit(2gbx2) cuz fillin all ram slots sometimes messes with overclocks

the crossfire sounds good, or u just might look into gettin a 4850 or something.

pretty sure u can get any brand u want aslong as it has the same ram amount

2 more GBs will help, and i wouldnt worry about overclocking potential, as they are already 1066mhz. Just make sure they are the same model number and timings. I have 2 different sets of ram (both G.Skill HZs though) and one pair is better than the other...

It doesnt matter which 3870 brand you get, as long as it is the same speed as your one - it doesnt actually have to be the same speed, but it will downclock the faster one. 2x 3870s will probably perform around the same, maybe slighly better than a 4870. It should do a fair bit better than the 4850.

2 extra sticks wont help the CPU like what stalin said.

The 3870 dont have to be the same speed. If one of them is slower than the other one, you can overclock it to the same speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom