Upgrade Processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tone down that PSU there buddy. To be on the safe side with dual 295s, I would get a 1000w and save a couple hundred bucks, but I'm telling you, don't get dual 295s. There's no point unless you benchmark for a living, and the amount of heat in there will be ridiculous. If you're only going to get one, grab at the very least, a 750w. Maybe the 850w corsair at the very most.

I wouldn't get the sound card, you won't really need it right away...if you MUST get one, grab it later.

And grab a seagate 1.5tb, same cost, runs great. I have one, no problems so far.

If you're really going "all out", you might as well get a water cooling setup for the CPU and possibly the 295 (they get REALLY hot). I'll let aspire tell you more about that, I'm not the one to talk to about setting those up from scratch. But that way you could dump the air cooler, and put some of the money you save on a psu/soundcard/cooler towards a nice WC rig.

Looks like a nice setup...my only criticisms are the PSU still, unless you are seriously thinking about grabbing a second 295 somewhere down the line...and the air cooler. With the 295, you may want to look into a WC setup, like I mentioned. Would be well worth it.

your not going to reuse parts from your current build? that would shave costs alot more. then you would only have to get a new cpu, mobo and ram

your not going to reuse parts from your current build? that would shave costs alot more. then you would only have to get a new cpu, mobo and ram

Yeah, I've realized that.. That is what I'm going to do... I've scaled it back even more to only the mobo, cpu, and memory.. Still is like $700+ though.. Better than close to $2000...

Will my current PSU be able to run the 295 with a 9600GT for dedicated physics????

Are you talking about running a 295 and 9600gt in SLI? It can't happen, that's impossible. But your 750tx can easily run a 295.

Will my current PSU be able to run the 295 with a 9600GT for dedicated physics????

it should be able to.

im an evga fan, but at this point i would grab that biostar board over the evga board. its a better overclocker.

Are you talking about running a 295 and 9600gt in SLI? It can't happen, that's impossible. But your 750tx can easily run a 295.

Not really sli, it's using the secondary card for dedicated physx processing and using bot gpu's in my 295 to process graphics...

Here is a write up in the EVGA forums...

I know it doesn't add that much and there are few games out to support that but I was just curious about trying it out... I can get a 9600gt for pennies on Craigs List...

Ah, sorry about that, didn't know you could do that. That's pretty cool, but yea, your psu will have plenty of power for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom