Upgrade PC or graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oliminator

Baseband Member
Long story short, I got an 8800GT superclocked for XMAS, I had to RMA it, newegg sent me a letter telling me they were out of stock, so they gave me a full refund. Now I have $450 to spend (an extra $150 from money from other people) and I am thinking should I spend that on diff upgrades such as mobo, RAM and case, or just get an 8800GTS.

Current specs:
e6400 @ 2.13GHz w/ Arctic Freezer 7
Sapphire Radeon x1950XTX 512MB
ENERMAX 535W PSU w/ +12v1 & +12v2 both @ 22A
Standard, bad ATX case (Very bad circulation)
P5NSLI Intel 570 Edition (bad overclocker, reason I have not OC'd my e6400)
APACER 400MHz bad RAM
320GB Western Digital HD @ 16MB Cache

The reason I initally upgraded my video card is because of the video card overheating due to the terrible air circulation in my case. I will be typing on a web page and will site idle @ 78ºC. Of course, the heat makes demanding games unplayable due to the graphics freezing.

Any ideas?

I was leaning towards these:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
and either
this: Newegg.com - Patriot Extreme Performance 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
or
this: Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

why not get better case and save up those buckeros for a future rig? ur current specs are pretty good. and get some 70 dollar ram.

#2 I bought this computer a year ago. This computer is already fine, but I would like to overclock my e6400, which I can't because my motherboard/case are very, very bad. I would not need to really upgrade to a future rig if I upgraded the mobo/case/RAM all right now, and then have like $200 left over and in maybe 2 months will be able to buy one of the newer graphics cards nvidia is producing next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom