To upgrade? or not to upgrade? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via AIM to wumbo6
Default To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

Hello. I have seen the core 2 duo processors getting cheaper and am contemplating weather to upgrade my current system. I have a P4 2.8 Ghz HT, some shuttle motherboard and a GeForce 6800 AGP card. I have been eying the E6320 and E6420 core 2 duo processors. They've been on sale for around 190 with a motherboard. The thing is if I upgrade the processor and motherboard, then i also have to get a new graphics card since they're all PCI-E. I've heard about intel coming out with their core 3 duo processors. Should i wait until they release it?/ when are they releasing it? I'm not experiencing any problem with my system now, but I'd like to one up my friend. : )
thanks for anyone's help
__________________

wumbo6 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

definitely upgrade..... u have an outdated system
__________________

__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

if i could i would too
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

why two post? oh yea, definitely upgrade
__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via AIM to wumbo6
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

damm that's fast. i gotta find someone to sell my old stuff to. : (
wumbo6 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mod Emeritus
 
b1gapl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 13,044
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

ebay...
__________________


3770K | ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 | DDR3-1600 16GB | CORSAIR 650D | CORSAIR HX 850W | CORSAIR H100 | SOUND BLASTER Z | ASROCK EXTREME4 GEN3

b1gapl is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

send it to me...
__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:54 PM   #8 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
 
veg1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 19,993
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

no... send it to me.... i have the lamest system in the forum.........
__________________
I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.


.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
veg1992 is offline  
Old 06-10-2007, 11:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Retired.
 
peterhuang913's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 8,076
Send a message via AIM to peterhuang913
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

get his and send me yours, vernong
__________________


My computer uses 1.5A-load, .8A-idle, .65A-standby, .05A-turned off on 125V.
"The spaces between your fingers were created so that another's could fill them in."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norcent View Post
I need to stop using the internet.
peterhuang913 is offline  
Old 06-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 28
Send a message via AIM to wumbo6
Default Re: To upgrade? or not to upgrade?

haha. how much do you think i can fetch for this stuff? i paid like 350 for it all like 2 years ago. when are the new core 3 duos coming out?
__________________

wumbo6 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Soon to upgrade... Dr DMoney New Systems | Building and Buying 9 05-07-2007 10:41 PM
Upgrade this Dell dimension C251 uniq1 New Systems | Building and Buying 6 05-01-2007 07:42 PM
Vista Upgrade? Saynt25 Microsoft Windows and Software 4 04-18-2007 04:48 PM
Cant burn to Imation 16x DVD-R!! Cant upgrade DVD-RW firmware either!! Rawan AbuSalman Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting 6 04-17-2007 05:34 PM
Vista Upgrade Christon Microsoft Windows and Software 5 04-07-2007 12:59 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.