alright thanks for all the help, i think i'll go with the MSI to save a few bucks, plus it has the x2 compability i wanted. looks like it has everything i need. for now i'm keeping my RAM just to save some bucks and if i want to OC i can always upgrade later, but right now it's just not in my budget.
final thoughts on setup
still debating on the card, i guess i'll wait and see how long for the new cards to come out.
Gigabyte GA-P31-S3G Motherboard (Intel P31 Chipset)
Intel Core Duo 2.33Ghz (1333FSB/Conroe)
eVGA 9600GT (512MB)
WD 240gig SATA150(7,200rpm 16mb cache) x2
G. Skill Dual Channel DDR2 1066 (2Gigs)
Plextor 16x/48x DVD+-RW SATA150
Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS
Seasonic 500W Power Supply
LIAN LI PC-G70B Full-Tower
ViewSonic 19" VP191b LCD Monitor