upgrade or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd0

In Runtime
ok so im grabbin my new cpu next week and my plan was to then upgrade my motherboard and gfx card, but im thinkin now maybe itl be better for me to wait till these new phsyx cards come out, because they will be pci-e aswell am i not correct? so im assuming we will be looking at new mobos with 3 pci-e slots, which will enable sli aswell as a physx card?

so what are your thoughts on this? should i just wait?

Im sure they will be PCI-E.
It will probably turn into everyone having dual physics cards soon.

Really its up to you if you have the money but personally Id wait a year or two until they are more developed.

yeh i dont really wanna wait that long, as my gfx card sux at the moment and it shits me when im playin stuff like fear

you're specs look pretty good to me, but i'm sure you can do better!! What's this whole physics card thing???

They're cards that calculate the physics of a program (usually games) and take load off of the CPU. They're amazing.

Your 6600GT dosent suck my friend, trust me. W/ your system and soon to be 4000+ you should do fine. THink about this, i run HL2 w/ high settings on my LAN rig which consists of a 3000+ AthlonXP, 1gig of 2700DC ram, and a GeforceFX 5700 PC. Your system should be playing them fine and if not then you got a problem w/ something else besides your video card.

i just wanna be able to run shit on high with high res, as my card cant do that, i said it sux, i didnt mean it was terrible, just, that it couldnt do wat i want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom