Upgrade or New System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rawmaterial

In Runtime
I really really want to play BIOSHOCK. This current computer I have can play oblivion happily.

3200+ Skt 939
MSI K8N NEO4-F nForce4
A-DATA Vitesta 2GB DDR 400
eVGA 7800GT

I was looking at upgrading the PRO and MOBO. But it looks like I do not know what to get or how much to spend? Thanks guys!

Well how much do you want spend? because you have DDR not DDR2... your board supports Socket 939 instead of Am2 which limits you. You are running a 7800 which isn't that great. It all comes down to how much you want to spend because a new board will cost ya between 150 and 200, ram around 150-200, and a new video card around 290 . AMD or INTEL? ATI or Nvidia fanboy? Just tell us how much you want to spend.

If your current system plays oblivion fine i would suggest getting bioshock then finding out how well it plays. If you do decide to upgrade you will have to go new board/cpu/ram and probably video card which isnt really going to be cheap. I just built a new machine(sig) about a month ago and i think i have around 1300 in it not including the monitors/keyboard/mouse.

Thanks for the input, i think i am going to try bioshock out, if it works then i will just stick to my system. thanks! for price i was looking at not spending more then 800 with shipping.

well, i recommend getting a dual-core processor, like the opteron 165... its probably the best bang for the buck dualcore porcessor for the socket 939 interface

From the looks of what you have, I feel it would play Bioshock just fine. I have a similar system to yours and I have yet to encounter any slowdowns on most games I've installed and played. That 2GB will really help you though. I was debating whether I should upgrade my RAM or not, but the DDR RAM are so darn expensive!!!!!!!!!! Even the DDR2 are cheaper, lolz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom