UPGRADE: need input and advice..help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Here is what I plan on doing. I will replace my mobo, memory, and GPU. I was planning on the NVIDIA 780i mobo with OCZ Reaper Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) and to polish this set off a EVGA GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0. Is this a good set up. I have researched and i like this particular combo but i would enjoy opinions. thanks.

here is the stuff

MOBO: EVGA nforce 780i SLI Motherboard - A1 Version, NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI, Socket 775, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, Dual Gigabit LAN, SPDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, Serial ATA, RAID 132-CK-NF78-A1 at TigerDirect.com

Memory: OCZ Reaper Dual Channel 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Memory (2 x 2048MB) OCZ2RPR8004GK at TigerDirect.com

GPU: EVGA GeForce 9600 GT Video Card - 512MB GDDR3, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Ready, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV 512-P3-N861-AR at TigerDirect.com

Is it all compatible with my current setup? the processor and the HDD and the PSU and what not?

and is there a way to make 4gb of ram work on a 32bit system and if so can someone point me in the right direction please?

Whats your setup currently? And whats your processor?

And also.

If thats the upgrade your going to do...

I'd probably for a x38 or a x48 board with a ati 4870 or 4850.

Will destroy that build.

The memory looks fine.

Edit: Looking at your build it seems like you would probably need a new PSU and possible a new case for the video card to fit.

And also a new processor, because it'll probably bottle neck the rest of your upgrade.

really? okay and my build currently is in my sig. thanks for the information. I just thought that nvidia was better then ati. of course my knowledge is probably outdated.

my case is plenty big enough i know this for a fact. im having trouble finding a mobo.

psu
mobo
gpu
cpu
ram

im gunna have to work more then planned lol. i love my case. What do you mean bottle neck the rest of my upgrade?

how about this card and psu.. im having issues finding a motherboard... can someone help me find a great motherboard for a decent price?

psu: Newegg.com - RAIDMAX AURORA 2 RX-700F 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE, C-tick, CCC, CB - Power Supplies

gpu: Newegg.com - HIS Hightech H485F512P Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

i still want opinions on my original build. i plan on upgrading the psu anyways. I need help ahhh lol.

what about this mobo: Newegg.com - DFI LP LT X48-T2R LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i was looking around and i seen one guy had issues with this board but will it work with my cpu for now until i can afford to updgrade that as well? lol kind of bumbed this costing me WAY more then planned but it should be worth it.

Go with this psu

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

or this if you want to save a bit

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W ATX12V V2.2 Power Supply 90 - 264 V UL, CUL, CE, CB, FCC Class B, TUV, CCC, C-tick - Power Supplies

and for motherboard look at Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Though that board is probably getting outdated, Someone might post a better one.

For cpu i would go with Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 Wolfdale 2.53GHz 3MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors

You can overclock that if you want quite a bit.

As for the 4 gig of ram, you would need a 64 bit OS so that the computer can recognize all 4 gig. I would probably go for this OS Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 64-bit English for System Builders 1pk DSP OEI DVD - Operating Systems

The ram and card both look good and should perform excellent!

okay i will not go vista not just yet so i think ill get the 4 gig and then when vista doesnt totally sucks nuts ill up to that.. but at the moment xp is the only os for me. and the motherboard i wanna get one that supports crossfire. and i red on the noob thing i think that p35 boards dont support crossfire. i was thinking of a q6600 cpu. seems like a lot of people are running them and they are great for oc'ing. x38 or x48 mobo? ill keep the ati card and memory and ill pick the new psu. looks like i still have alot of work to do until i decide what i want.. please more input on everything.

how about this mobo??
Newegg.com - Intel BOXDX48BT2 LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

scrap gettin a x38/48. go with a p45. they are too overpriced. that way you can spend more on your graphics card maybe a 4850 would be good. the ram you said is good, but id rather go with a cheaper set of gskill.

okay a p45 or an x38 or x48... lol narrowed it down a bit. i have picked out a p45 and it the one red moon show both look nice. im so confused lol. what should i do the p45 or and x38/48? pros and cons of each... which ever has fewer cons i will pick. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom