Hello again. Since a drive (2nd seagate now, stay clear) in my raid0 just crashed (thank goodness for backups), figured I might as well do some upgrading since my system is rather dated. Below is what I currently have and what I want to upgrade to.
Any thoughts on it would be nice, thanks.
- EVGA E758-A1 3-Way SLI (x16/x16/x8) LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard
- Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor BX80601920
- CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
- OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P1600LV6GK
- EVGA 01G-P3-1285-AR GeForce GTX 285 SC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card
- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST3500320AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive (done with segate!!!)
I do plan on overclocking, so...
For the motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131701
For the CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-070-_-Product
I plan on keeping the power supply I already have, unless I need more power?
Video Card: Newegg.com - EVGA SuperClocked 012-P3-1572-AR GeForce GTX 570 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
(possibly sli later)
OS: vista 64 ult. to w7 64 ult.
For sound I have (Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Pro 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Card). Would using the on-board sound of the selected MB be better than this card or should I continue using it?