Upgrade Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicsilver87

Baseband Member
Hey everyone,

I've had my PC for about 4 years now and i want to TRY and upgrade it to be better at performance and speed. I am a Moderate/Semi-HArcore gamer but it seems that my PC isnt up to par with the new games that are coming out on PC now adays. So i wanted to know what are the key components that i need to upgrade.

Here are my specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/22/2007, 22:41:19
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation
System Model: Dimension 4600
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A06
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.66GHz
Memory: 510MB RAM
Page File: 279MB used, 970MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0181&SUBSYS_01B610DE&REV_A2
Display Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.8198 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 12/10/2005 03:06:00, 3955456 bytes

ok.. firstly....you have a single-core processor.. not good in a gamer's world (especially since you said you're a harcore gamer)

next its your Video Card... you don't have one... ur using integrated (i can tell by the odd amount of ram.. 510mb)

next is a RAM Upgrade... you need atleast 1 to 2gb for gaming

but my recommendation.. is start clean.. and sell this off..

I was afraid of this comment. Deep down inside i thought of this same conclusion for this computer but i was hoping that i could have somehow be able to just buy new video cards and RAMs and be good with it. But i guess not.:(

ok.. firstly....you have a single-core processor.. not good in a gamer's world (especially since you said you're a harcore gamer)

next its your Video Card... you don't have one... ur using integrated (i can tell by the odd amount of ram.. 510mb)

next is a RAM Upgrade... you need atleast 1 to 2gb for gaming

um vernong, you've apparently never read a dxdiag :p

that was his system memory... 510 is equavalent to 512... which means he has very low ram (1 gig minimum these days)

his video memory is 64, using an AGP 8X card which are no longer produced...

I agree though, a clean start would be best, look to spend around 500-1000 dollars depending on how future proof you want the pc

um vernong, you've apparently never read a dxdiag :p

that was his system memory... 510 is equavalent to 512... which means he has very low ram (1 gig minimum these days)

his video memory is 64, using an AGP 8X card which are no longer produced...

I agree though, a clean start would be best, look to spend around 500-1000 dollars depending on how future proof you want the pc

lol ur right... i'm garbage with reading a dxdiag info... i'm better with System Info or Everest or something... but most of it was right... like new PC, 512mb is crap, but still his video card would be lesser than of mine.. (mine is about on par with an fx5500 which has a dx9 capability even tho its so crappy)

Problem for you is you need a new processor, but since the one you have now is so old means your motherboard wont accept a new core 2 duo processor, so you need a new motherboard, processor, ram AND graphics card, once you have all those you will notice a HUGE leap in performance, it doesn't have to cost the earth either as what you have now is very low spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom