Upgrade help, agp etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaackoran

In Runtime
Ive decided to wait for vista dx10 to upgrade my computer fully, so ive decided to upgrade my agp video card only to be able to play ghost recon advanced warfighter (when it comes out) and elder scrolls IV. My question is:

Will this be able to handle it?
Pentium 4 2.0ghz northwood
1.256gb ram

And what should i upgrade my 9550 to?
ATI Radeon x850xt
eVGA Geforce 7800gs CO
other?

Or wait until new agp's come out...somewhere i read a 1900xt was coming....

Will that be able to play those games at high settings? (1280x768 widescreen)

You POSSIBLY could play it w/ that processor but youd need a 7800GS or Gainward 7800GS Bliss 512 w/ 2gig of ram. There will be no AGP cards to further come out.

so possibly play it at low settings or high settings? and ive heard the x850xt is better performance wise then the 7800gs... where can you buy a 512mb version of the 7800gs?

Better performance wise? I wanna laugh at who ever said that seriously. It is THE best AGP card out besides the Gainward which is currently only availible in the UK. I predict high settings w/ 2gig of ram and a 7800GS. Its what i do w/ a 2600+ AthlonXP and a 9800XT at LANs. Im sure it will manage ALOT better than my LAN setup.

Well considering BF2 takes at least 1.5 to run pretty good (unless your system is baddass) Then the new Ghost Recon is gonna be worse. I recomend 2gig for any new game now because its becoming the norm.

Nope. The X1600XT gets owned by even the 7600GS and the 7600GS overclocked can catch up to a PCI-E 7600GT. The 7800GS is by far THE best AGP card out.

ok so how would this look:
2gb pc 2100
2ghz pent 4 (maybe oced? anyone know how high a northwood can go?)
geforce 7800gs CO superclocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom