Upgrade Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos24783

Solid State Member
Hey guys,

Iv'e been seriously looking at getting a new pc this winter because I'm a huge gamer who has been using the worst rig you could possibly imagine at the moment. My knowledge of PC hardware and software is embaressing so please excuse my ignorance.

First off, I'm not sure how I'm going to get the new PC. Iv'e heard building one is alot cheaper than going through companies that make them to your order, like cyber power pc. I know your thinking " I thought he knows nothing about hardware" and your right. But, I have a uncle who knows this stuff like the back of his hand and I hope he'll be able to build it for me.

Next, I was thinking of the PC I would like for my Uncle to build for me. What would you guys reccomend on a mid-to-high range budget? I was really hoping for a high quality 8 Series Geforce, 2 GB of RAM, Home Premium Vista, and Core 2 Duo.

So in short, I have two real questions:

1. Build a PC or purchase it custom made?
2. What reccomendations do you have for a good PC?

I know these are vague questions but please take into account the fact that I'm hardware retarted. Thanks for your help!:happy:

2GB Crucial - Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB - 60$
GB DS3R - Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R - 130$
C2Q Q6600 - ClubIT Product - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 Stepping - 270$
Corsair 520HX - Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-520HX - 115$
Seagate 500GB 7200.11 - NCIXUS.com - Buy Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5IN 500GB - 125$
8800 GT - Find a good deal on one. (between 220-300ish)
Case - Your preference.
HSF TRUE120 - Newegg.com - Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU Cooler - 65$
120 MM fan for TRUE.

With a 250$ vid card and 150ish for case (just for the sake of argument. Dont need an expensive case) comes to around 1165$ +tax +shipping. Assuming you have monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Just a guide. Take a look at the recommended build thing and make changes as you wish. you can go AMD ATI as well. I just don't know much about em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom