Upgrade for Crysis Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubnthehouse

Beta member
I am stoked about the upcoming release of Cyrsis but i need to upgrade my system to take advantage of the complex graghics. I am currently running an AMD Athlon 64 +3800, 1gb of memory(2x512mb, timings are 5-5-5-12, cas latency-5), EVGA 8800gts 320MB factory oc'ed to 588MHz, Asus M2N-sli deluxe. i am only able to get average frame rates at low settings in the Crysis demo. i want to upgrade my system before the game comes out and i figure i have 2 options (considering i want to spend as little as possible, between $200-$300).

1.Athlon 64 x2 +5000 black edition and a 2gb dual channel kit (timings 3-4-4-15 cas latency-3) for a total of 2gb of RAM

2. or Athlon 64 x2 +6400 black edition and a 2gb dual channel kit (timings and cas latency to match current RAM) to add to my current RAM for a total of 3gb of RAM

So my question is which would be faster and/or if there is a better solution

Thanks

Update your drivers and overclock your stuff. Your video card is faster than mine and I play at medium settings. I don't know what you consider average frame rates but at medium settings I'm getting around 30, so if your getting lower then theres something wrong.

As far as buying stuff stuff goes I would go cheap and overclock. I would buy a 2gb kit but try it with your other ram and see how it works out.

Update your drivers and overclock your stuff. Your video card is faster than mine and I play at medium settings. I don't know what you consider average frame rates but at medium settings I'm getting around 30, so if your getting lower then theres something wrong.

As far as buying stuff stuff goes I would go cheap and overclock. I would buy a 2gb kit but try it with your other ram and see how it works out.

wow Crysis must be efficient if your getting 30 fps at medium settings on stock hardware settings. I wonder what my system will get :p

thats some good news then XD i shouldnt have to worry about it performing on max 1920x1200

IMO number 1. i guess the 5000+ black is a great OC'er, and 2gb is *IMO* a good minimum for crysis. or a good round number for anythign these days.

and as dario said overclock the crap out of everything. should help.

get 2GB of ram and a decent heatsink for ur cpu eg. arctic freezer 7 and overclock your cpu and youll be set. maybe medium settings. i can only run crysis at high settings not very high and am gettin about 25-30-40 usually low 30's

The higher settings kill Crysis. Keep with Windows XP for now, the shinier lighting isnt really worth the performace decrease being experienced with Vista.

Loading is pretty good with my 1GB RAM (2x512mb) PC3200 DDR, no longer than 30secs. Then again peoples opinions differ on what a good loading time is.
2GB is a must with the rest of your system.

get 2GB of ram and a decent heatsink for ur cpu eg. arctic freezer 7 and overclock your cpu and youll be set. maybe medium settings. i can only run crysis at high settings not very high and am gettin about 25-30-40 usually low 30's

Are you using Vista? If so then run it in dx9 mode, you will get much better performance. Infact that goes for anyone - it will give you a sizable boost, and you can set the settings higher.

you mean Arctic Freezer64 those work with AMD....

get teh x2 5000+ Black Box, because if you increase the multiplier just once, you have the x2 6400+ Speeds... (which both have unlocked multipliers..)

get an amd 5000+ black edition, as yiou can actually oc that one the 6400+ doesnt go far as the 5000+ does as its 65nm, and low power usage, and get a freezerpro 64, and get a good 2gb kit of ram, and your ready for crysis my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom