Upgrade computer or buy a drum set?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcMe

Daemon Poster
Well I have about 300$to spend, and I've come to a fork in the road. My friends and I would like to start up a band, and I would like to be a drummer in it, hence why I would want a drum set. But it's not a sure thing that we would ever continue in the band, so I might just use the drumset for recreational stuff.
BUT I also want to upgrade parts of my computer; my harddrive is only 2mb cache 80gigs, I only have 2x 80mm fans, have stock heatsink, and I would like a nice new keyboard and mouse. But with the computer, I can always upgrade these things later as I'm fairly satisfied with what I have now.
I can't choose, what would you do?

[Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, mods feel free to move it if it is]

unless you're starting a country band, which I highly doubt, with our uncultured and ignorant youth I'm embarassed to be a part of, then I would definately upgrade the old computer.

Ryan

im a guitarist, and it took me years to be how good i am today, have u ever had any experience with drums. or is this something ud like to start? wat kind of music are u lookin to play? eiter way, ur comp rox, and a drum kit would be really cool.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
unless you're starting a country band, which I highly doubt, with our uncultured and ignorant youth I'm embarassed to be a part of, then I would definately upgrade the old computer.

Ryan

who is uncultured and ignorant when country music is the only genre you'll accept?

well a $300 drum set is gonna be horrible. i had a $500 for my first drum set and it still sucked. they dont sound that great. if you havent played before done expect to get good fast. if your parents are willing to get you drum lessons and pitch in more for a better set go for it.

I have to agree with dms0813. My friend has a drum set and he spent alot of money on it to just buy it. He spent $800 on a decent drumset and hes been putting alot of money into it to make it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom