Upgrade to BFG 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I currently have a eVGA 7600 GT. Theres a deal at Frys for a BFG 7900GS for 100 after 50 MIR. I need to know if thats a good deal for the price and performance. How much will my score increase on the 3dmark06. And Will i notice big differences. I currently play COJ on the lowest settings.

I also read a forum that its pipelines can be increased from 20 to 24. Is there a way to do this with a software or do i need to my some hardware to be able to do this.
Thank you

whoa...$100/$50 MIR? That's is a very nice deal. I'd say go for it. It's much better than a 7600GT. I think you'll notice the difference.

BFG is one of the better makes to go with and even at newegg that's not too bad a price to consider. They also have a good return policy to consider on op of that. The deals being seen on the 7900s are due to the 8600s and 8800s selling fast while the older models sit around idle. Take a look in a retail store to see the old cards still lingering there.

I found this deal on Frys, i already purchased it and will be recieving it in the mail on Monday. Will this work good with my processor...im not sure its good enough.

upon receiving it, could you guys please teach me how to unlock the piplines if possible. I would really appreciate this. The truth is i dont know what differences would appear from unlocking them but im certain its a good thing.

Unlocking pipelines would see the biggest increase in a card's performance, since the number of pipelines is the main indicator, to how a graphic card will perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom