Upgrade to BFG 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah ok...get it.
Well ill keep waiting, ill probably post back here when they ship it, im guessing it might take a week or two.

At this time of year most vendors are simply clearing off their inventories and preping for fall sales when they restock. But you should find the wait worth it.

they shipped it and i also got my ram today.
the card will be arriving on monday.
can you give me tips on gettin a clean install. right now im using ati 7000 pci card. Its my friends card and he gave it to me since i sold my 7600 gt. So how can i get a clean install from this once i get the card and get the best settings and from nvidia control panel should i leave the settings on let the application decide or what?
and should i try overclocking this thing with ntune or rivatuner...i also heard the card im getting might have a gt chip and how will i be able to figure this out and activate the extra 4 piplines.
Sorry for soooooo many questions.

Someone else would be better at giving you oc instructions there unfortunately. The first thing to do prior to installing the software/drivers for the new card is see all old drivers and NVidia software for any other card removed. This will prevent anything from interfering with a fresh detection and installation for the BFG card.

There should be a driver removal tool found on the software disk for the cards used to see to that. The add/remove in control panel or Programs menu link uninstaller will remove the desktop app. Once Windows prompts for a new hardware found and you reach the desktop you are then free to run the installer for drivers and software alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom