Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam06

In Runtime
Its been a long time since i got this pc and i need a upgrade...
I want to upgrade the Graphics card and the RAM,
at the mo i got:

GeForce 4 Ti 4600 128mb graphics card - is there any way i can find out if its AGP or PCI-E cos i have no idea,

I have 512MB ram dont know what make

is the XFX GeForce 6200 256MB DDR TV-Out/DVI (AGP) any gd, can i get any better for the same or lower price.

And the ram, can it be any make ram?

CPU-Z will tell you, but I can tell you now that it isn't PCI-E (did they make a PCI version, if not than it is AGP)

Manufacturer doesn't matter, you can check that it is DDR in CPU-Z.

There is nothing wrong with the 6200, but XFX wouldn't be my first choice though.

CPU-Z is a person right? What do you mean XFX wouldnt be your first choice? Thanks

lol: http://www.cpuid.com/ will be on that page, you can open it from winrar, no need to self extract it to anywhere. It will take a few seconds to load.

I randomly lost a XFX card, but luckily was still in warranty (just.) and there are alot of reports that this happens at a high frequency (random posh word there, lol.) However when they do work well they overclock extremly high.

adam06 said:
CPU-Z is a person right? What do you mean XFX wouldnt be your first choice? Thanks

dont tell me u really meant that... and for ur pic in ur sig u have to put img and /img in [] to get it to show

hey i live in toronto 2 lol, what store do u buy ur parts from? i dun no a lot of stores.

oh btw if u really didnt know adam, cpu-z is a prog that tells u everything about ur cpu... hence the name. voltage, clock etc.

The amount of memory it has. I think the 512 is the turbo cache one, which isn't good.

The card is not powerful enough for more than 128mb's of memory and any increase of speed it may give will not justify the cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom