upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddanth3

In Runtime
i have a pentium 4 with HT, 3.00 ghz, and 1 gb of ram, 80 gb of hard drive but a really shitty integrated graphics card. i want to upgrade to atleast so that can play some of the new games. i atleast want to play BF2 and counterstrike. i wanted to buy the geforce 7950gt, but one of my friends told me that my system wouldnt actually support it unless i upgrade some more of the hardware. i actually beleive him, but i want a second opinoin. i was also thinking of adding one more gig of memory. can someone recommend a good graphic card and memory to me. for the graphic card, could you recommend 2, one a really low price one but a good one, and another , a very high end one that is actually supported by my computer without upgrading anything on my PC, except the memory.

thanks
i appreciate it

well do you know if your motherboard supports PCI-E x16 slot? cause any new graphics card requires it. If this is a dell or older prebuilt it is most likely AGP meaning you would need: new motherboard, ram, ~cpu.

If I were you I'd get a New mobo/cpu/ram and a nice GFX card.

Counterstrike dosent require much at all, but BF2 is kinda a ram hog.

We can work this out. So your positive you have PCI-Express correct?

Another thing we would have to check is your power supply unit.

Anything you can tell us about it?

yup i am positive about the pci express x16, but i have no clue about the powersupply. it is a dell E510 dimension desktop if that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom