Update Bios?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosbusch2005

In Runtime
I just recently did my first build, just waiting for RAM which should be here Friday. I'm using a P5B Deluxe WiFi motherboard. I know there have been Bios updates for this board and I am wondering if I should update the Bios right away or should I just use the computer and if I don't have any problems just leave it be? Thanks for any advice :)

Thats usually what they say about BIOS. You only update it when theres a problem.

The only problem i had with the 0604 (i think thats what ships with the p5b-d now) bios was double reboots, but that was because i overclocked it.

If you plan to oc your cpu, then most diffidently update it. But i would update it any ways, i havn't had any problems with the 0804 update and it fixed my double reboot problem which was driving me crazy :p.

It's really easy too. Just get a jump drive and dl the 0804 (should be the lastest bios) bios file from the asus website and enter the bios setup screen (hit del when booting) and go to the tools tab and enter the "ez utility blah blah" (sry i don't remember it exactly :p ) and find your bios file on the jump drive and update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom