Unbuffered RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, when I first got my machine up and running I got this RAM :

CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model VS512MB400 - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145026

Was this a bad deal, would dual channel increase the speed of my games by any serious amount (I have 2 gigs of the ram)

And if so, would it be worth the upgrade price to get it? Thanks guys.

-Josh

I'm not sure if I'm understanding. You have 2GB of the RAM (so 4 of those sticks), but want to get another one?

JoshSB said:
Hey guys, when I first got my machine up and running I got this RAM :

CORSAIR ValueSelect 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Model VS512MB400 - Retail

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16820145026

Was this a bad deal, would dual channel increase the speed of my games by any serious amount (I have 2 gigs of the ram)

And if so, would it be worth the upgrade price to get it? Thanks guys.

-Josh
:confused:

Huh? If you "have" two gigs It should be running dual channel anyway if your Mobo supports it. DC willnot help your games run "faster" BTW.

No, this RAM does not say Dual Channel on it, my MoBo does support Dual Channel, although I was unsure as to weather or not it automatically sets up Dual Channel or if it is only on if the RAM is able to be dual channel IE: says its dual channel.

Most, I think all 184pin RAM sticks support Dual Channel ram, but yeah your ram is running dual channel. Check your BIOS.

Where would I go in the BIOS to see if the RAM is running in Dual Channel, do not normally go monkeying around in there, and is there a way to tell without having to enter BIOS setup?

Ah okay, so then the RAM I got would definately go in dual channel, just do not know if they are in dual channel hehe, any way to check?

It should say on post.

However you can also see it everest your chipset active mode should say Dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom