Unable to play warcraft 3 on new rig

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBM/PS1

In Runtime
so i started over clocking my EVGA 8800GT today, I've decided to give it a rest at

700/1750/950

Idle temps are 44
Fan speed is 90%
So far the best load i can get it is playing ETQW which is around 53C
AtiTool has detected no artifacts during a 6 minute scan.

When i booted up warcraft 3 FT everything looked fine. No graphical glitches in the menus or post game screens. When i get into the game it all falls apart after 1-5 minutes. I get random screen freezing of 5-15 seconds long. Colors errors and all sorts of nasty graphical distortions.

I see have no problems playing ETQW with this set-up. Visited the atitool website and downloaded the recommended nvidia drivers.

Thanks for any ideas.

I'd drop your OC. Take the core down to 675 at least, see if that helps. If not, go down 25 more to 650 and that should do it.

So i need to take down my over clock just to play warcraft?

Oki i lowered my core clock to 675. No more freezing. I did get some slight graphical errors though. Gonna take it down another 25 and see what happens.

UPDATE:

Ok i lowered my core clock speed to 625 and my pc locked up. I'm starting to think it's not the clock speed. I'm gonna reset everything to default and see what happens.

UPDATE2:

I've reset everything to default and successfully made it through one ladder game without a glitch or crash. Guess i need to reset to defaults when i play warcraft :(

Can anyone explain why i can't OC my card and play older games? Anyone else have this problem?

Is your GPU stable at stock on new games? If its not, its most likely defective.

Recommend System Requiements for WC3
600 MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM, 32 MB 3D video card, DirectX® 8.1 compatible sound card (Windows)

you sure went a long way....

Is your GPU stable at stock on new games? If its not, its most likely defective.

Recommend System Requiements for WC3
600 MHz processor, 256 MB of RAM, 32 MB 3D video card, DirectX® 8.1 compatible sound card (Windows)

you sure went a long way....

I only have two games to test it on right now. My GPU Is stable in ETQW at stock settings and at the overclock settings listed above. The only thing i have trouble playing is warcraft.

I'm only playing warcraft till warhammer online comes out. I was a big world of warcraft fan but i got sick of it.

Anyone have any more ideas?

UPDATE: I tested ETQW on stock settings for 30 minutes. No problems at all. Runs everything on high with x4 AA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom