Ultra X-Connect 500W good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...fry's. I might still go with it. Because I'm not planning on being on the computer 24/7. All the hardware review places give it really good ratings, too.

In response to pzero's post, I would buy antec if I had the budget for it, but I can't spend $100 on the power supply alone.

Omg How did I not see this topic.

Ok ultra, is so shitty, sure it may look cool, but thats the whole sell, X-connects are like 2-4 pounds which is very light for a PSU meaning they use crappy components. == Cheap.

It also didn't kill my whole system, just a HD, which is 1 dead part to many, needless to say my X-connect is being used as a paperweight now. A bad one at that.

The higher end Ultra PSUs are OK, nothing good for overclocking, but mine compared to the stock one in the case is a hell lot better.....

I had one for about a week and a half. It was one of those with the uv light built in, I only got that one cause it was like $50 after rebates. Anyway, within that week the uv light went out, and also my motherboard monitoring program was going off because my voltages were fluctuating past the +/- 10% mark. I took it back and bought an Enermax, reset the mobo monitor to alarm outside of +/- 5% and I haven't had a problem yet.

In a hardware review of the uv light x-connects, the exact same thing happened...the uv light went out pretty quickly. The guy on the review just replaced it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom