Ultra memory stinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

buyxgmistake

In Runtime
I bought some pc3200 ddr400 memory (ulta brand) and on the package it says guarenteed compatable, well its not it turns my gig of ram and theres too pc2700 when I called and asked what the warranty of compatability was i was told to return it I told them was a problem with open memory from a local chain. they hung up on me and wouldnt refund my money or exchange my other memory for theres to make it compatable

I didnt quite understand all of that. You meant that you installed some of their PC3200 RAM into your computer, and now it's running at PC2700?

yes there pc3200 ram mixed with my pny pc3200 ram reverts back to pc2700 meaning there ram is not compatable with all as it states on package (guaranteed compatability)

I had that happen too when I tried to add some ram to my system a while back. You'll likey have to change some settings in your BIOS to get it all to run at PC3200.

In the end, it is your responsibility to make sure new hardware going into your system is compatible, so try not to make Ultra look like too much of a bad company ;)

buyxgmistake said:
(guaranteed compatability)
Guaranteed compatible with PC3200 motherboards, not other RAM. When you mix RAM, you mix voltages and timings as well. For example, if your old RAM has 3-4-4-8 timings with 2.7v, and the new RAM has 2.5-3-3-7 timings with 2.6v, it's simply not going to work. Mixing RAM is never a good idea.

003 said:
Guaranteed compatible with PC3200 motherboards, not other RAM. When you mix RAM, you mix voltages and timings as well. For example, if your old RAM has 3-4-4-8 timings with 2.7v, and the new RAM has 2.5-3-3-7 timings with 2.6v, it's simply not going to work. Mixing RAM is never a good idea.

Couldn't have said it better if I tried.

I agree, don't get me wrong. but when you buy some memory that says gauranteed compatable you hope for more then a response of return it or being hung up on(twice) with the last thing they say is have a nice day as the hang up ;lol anyways there customer service stinks wich makes there product less desirable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom