The Ultimate DREAM COMPUTER CHALLANGE GAME. BUILD AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nitestick said:
i just think people have their priorities with pc's backwards. you don't need an ultra expensive graphics card to enjoy the latest games

Shoorely theres been some mistake govnor?

GFX card is THE main component so far as gaming is concerned.. You can have a 600 core super computer but if you put a 5200 GFX card you can kiss goodbye to Oblivion, you can also have a 3000+ athlon 64 paired with a 7900GTX and run oblivion sweet on MAX settings.

There are alot of good games out atm that really benefint from a 7 series GFX card, sure they may run on a 6 or even 5 series but you're not getting the full experiance..

true, but that doesn't make them any less playable or fun. i never said people had their priorities backwards when they set out to make all these uber games machines just that i think in general too much emphasis is placed on video card. i would rather have a machine that crunch a video twice as fast as another computer than one that performs ultra good in games if i have to choose between the two

nitestick said:
at least choose a possible configuration. the FX-60 does not have multi-processor support and there are no dual s939 motherboards.

personally i would look at something with extreme power for number crunching and encoding

4xOpteron 280's
4gb+Ram
Dual 600w psu's
One huge freaking raid array
all in a server chassis.

i was joking ....

and the 1gw of power would be for when you drive to LAN partys and 88mph :-D

actually you'd need 1.21gw ... but whos counting? my flux capacitor is ready to go.

aha, delorien!!! you don't see those here.. back to the future damnit!! hahaha anywho...... 4 gpu's would be awesome.. play on dual 40 inch monitors.. i doubt 2 could do that.. what resolution would that be... 5600x?????????? dear jesus... that would look GOOD

KlNGPlN said:
lol stupid nerds are getting upset over a thread, thats when you know there a bunch of sorry excuses, if u dont like it dont click it *****

lol stupid lil FUK hed... If u dont like my posts then dont read them...

yeah play on two monitors, that way your cross hair is between them, im thinking along the lines of 3 projectors, all at 2048x1536, and 3 50 foot screens.

not to mention an arena rock show sound system and an OC12 to top it off.

that combined with the delorian and my 1.21 jigawatt (lol) powersupply, i could pwn the n00bs on any server, i'd do time shifting instead of lagging. i'f go ahead in time.

i think enemy-territory:quake wars will support time shifting, ill contact splash damage and let them reverse engineer my flux capacitor.

but only if they release a linux version of the game.

Tordenskjold said:
lol stupid lil FUK hed... If u dont like my posts then dont read them...

you lil gay *****, if you dont like MY thread, then dont come on it. Im the king in this thread, your just a lil bootlicker dying for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom