uCode loading error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syrillian

In Runtime
Hello,

I put together an E6400/Asus P5B Deluxe/Patriot PC6400 (1GB) system this afternoon.

I have an issue that perhaps some of you out there might be able to help me with.

The computer operates. I am using it now, but when I power on the PC I get a message that states:

"Intel CPU uCode loading error"

I did a Google search and searched this site for the phrase. I didn't find anything here, and Google returned some information that was useful, though vague. Evidently the uCode has something to do with the CPU itself or the MoBo and is not accessible or repairable by the user. The Final Analysis is that one or the other is bad and that a RMA is in order.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this error?

In addition, when I run CPUz, the multiplier switches between x6 and x8 repeatedly. I have not installed any of the OC'ing software and I can not find any other apps that might be causing this fluctuation. Could this be related to the previously mentioned problem? I do have the Cool n" Quiet and the PC Probe utils installed. The C n' Q is disabled and PC Probe is a monitoring app only.

I will contact both Intel and Asus to see what I can shake loose from them. I just wanted to hear what others may know so I do not get snowed - I don't know much about Intel CPU's

Thanks for your time and input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom