Two video cards; three monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
I have three LCD monitors that I would like to be spanned. I have an 8800gtx, which currently is being used to display two monitors. I have a spare monitor and a spare old PCI video card.

I plugged the video card in and plugged the spare monitor to it. When I booted up, the Windows Logo pops up on the spare monitor (plugged into the old PCI card).

However, when it goes to the login screen, the spare monitor goes black and the original two monitors (hooked to the 8800gtx) are the ones displaying the windows desktop. I got the driver installed on the spare video card. Is there any settings in Windows I have to change to get the triple monitor span?

um sorry u have 2 video cards that your trying to use in 1 pc, 1 that isnt sli capable, that arnt the same chip, and not even the same socket?

edit: your mobo isnt even sli capable
edit2: wow

He wasn't talking about SLIing. All he said was that he has 1 8800GTX, and a PCI slot VGA. He's trying to get 3 monitors to work on 2 cards. Dual-screen is already working for 8800GTX but he's trying to get 3rd monitor to work with the PCI slot VGA.

Anyways dasho, I don't think you might be able to run Triple-screens. Unless you do a stretch from 1st monitor to last.

Zenview Trio Displays: Triple-Screen Multi-Monitor LCD Displays from Digital Tigers

I have 4 monitors running dualscreen atm. The best i think you can do is stretch the two on the gtx, and seperate screen the third. (the main two is like one big monitor, and the pci one is seperate.)

to slopy, you didnt even have a clue what he was talking about, and on top of that you were not even nice. These forums are for helping people, not being an ***.

I have 4 monitors running dualscreen atm. The best i think you can do is stretch the two on the gtx, and seperate screen the third. (the main two is like one big monitor, and the pci one is seperate.)

to slopy, you didnt even have a clue what he was talking about, and on top of that you were not even nice. These forums are for helping people, not being an ***.

Yeah, I was thinking about suggesting dasho to stretch the monitors that are running on the 8800GTX then a seperate view on the PCI VGA card.

I used to have a 512mb and a 128mb ATI card. I had them both in a nvidia board. I ran 3 monitors no problem. No sli, no crossfire... It should recognize and work fine. On my motherboard I had to switch a few of the prong connectors, but I think that was just because my motherboard disables a pci slot for the second pci express slot.

He wasn't talking about SLIing. All he said was that he has 1 8800GTX, and a PCI slot VGA. He's trying to get 3 monitors to work on 2 cards. Dual-screen is already working for 8800GTX but he's trying to get 3rd monitor to work with the PCI slot VGA.

Anyways dasho, I don't think you might be able to run Triple-screens. Unless you do a stretch from 1st monitor to last.

Zenview Trio Displays: Triple-Screen Multi-Monitor LCD Displays from Digital Tigers

i like the triple 30" monitors, considering one 30" monitor costs about 3000$ id spend the extra 2k to get 2 more looks sick to me.

30 inch monitors only cost 1200-1400 dollars.. unless you're going for the apple cinema.. but that would make you an idiot ;)

just pick up 3 westinghouse 42 inchers.. they're only 990 dollars each

30 inch monitors only cost 1200-1400 dollars.. unless you're going for the apple cinema.. but that would make you an idiot ;)

just pick up 3 westinghouse 42 inchers.. they're only 990 dollars each

****** TV's... Not too sure if there are monitors, but I was going to get one of these and ended up getting a 37" LCD LG which is WAY better. In every which way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom