Two Questions: Opinions Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the responces. I can't make up my mind.

WD Raptors are sweet drives but the new caviar drives are very sweet also. Like I said before, this rig is going to be strictly gaming. So - OS, Drivers, Games, Benchmark Utilities and that's it.
I guess 150G should be plenty, yet formatted it will only be like 133G off the bat. I currently have close to 90G worth of games, all of which aren't installed on my current system. My goal is to have a gaming RIG that I can install every last PC game I own. Which is close to 25 or so. That's why i've considered the 320G caviar. I might even consider buying 2 and RAIDing them. I'm just not willing to spend $550 on 300 gigs worth of raptors to raid.

As far as the 7900 series goes, i've got the ASUS A8N32 which I bought for SLIin' obviously. If I go with the (1)7900GTX now it's going to be extremely hard to SLI them later with even a sound card in a PCI slot as they are DUAL Slot cards. (Also, it'll will make it even harder when the PPU cards come out.)

So, that's why i'm considering the 7900GT's right now. Buy one to start off, finish my build, then in a month or so buy another 7900GT for SLI. But, then I say to myself, yeah 7900GT's are just like the 7800GTX's at much less the cost and they are great cards, but the 7900GTX is a beast like the 1900XTX. Then my mouth starts to water and I scratch my head and still don't know what to do... lol

Anyway, eVGA 7900 series cards aren't available any where right now. EST is 3/27/06 in most places, so i've got a few weeks to figure it all out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom