Tweaktown MSI 8800GT 512mb Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys...you aren't using your brains! :p

It does make sense. 12+k is quite easy with a 3+ghz quad core and an overclocked 8800GTS 640mb.

Now think about adding 16 more shader units and MUCh higher core clocks.

Guys...you aren't using your brains! :p

It does make sense. 12+k is quite easy with a 3+ghz quad core and an overclocked 8800GTS 640mb.

Now think about adding 16 more shader units and MUCh higher core clocks.

its not that look at the 320 gts, this card is meant to be cheaper than the 320 gts and a 640 isnt that much improvement so theres no way a 8800gt for that price would be that much better

this card is around 130 quid for the cheapest version and OC models will be about 180-200 quid. So prices are almost the same.

Anyway we'll see on Monday.

Reminds me of when C2D first was reviewed. No one believed it.

Nvidia are known for high prices on their high models, not lower ones. Seriously, this is yet ANOTEHR benchmark and you dont believe it. If i took a dump on your face i dont think youd believe that either. Sorry for the horrible analogy but seriously, the proof is in front of you.

this is believable... because of the 3dmark06 score... 13k... u score like 12k ish with a qx6850 or a q6600 at this point... and like an 8800gtx

very very logical guys...

I honestly hope these results are correct but I just can't see Nvidia selling $230 cards that outperform their $400 cards.
the $400 card...which is the 8800gts 640mb, arnt they upgrading that with more shader processors and different architecture in the near future?

the $400 card...which is the 8800gts 640mb, arnt they upgrading that with more shader processors and different architecture in the near future?

Yes...a Rev. 2 8800GTS will be released soon which will be a G92 with 640mb and a 320bit memory interface

At least this is what I've heard. Not seen any concrete details yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom