Tweaktown MSI 8800GT 512mb Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
This card freakin owns.

Test system:

Processor(s): Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3GHz (333MHz x 9)
Cooling: Corsair Nautilus500 (Supplied by Corsair) with Arctic Cooling MX-2 Thermal Compound (Supplied by Arctic Cooling)
Motherboard(s): ASUS Blitz Extreme (Supplied by ASUS)
Memory: 2 X 1GB Corsair XMS3 DDR-3 1066MHz 7-7-7-21 (Supplied by Corsair)
Hard Disk(s): Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM SATA-2
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP2, Windows Vista
Drivers: Catalyst 7.9, Forceware 162.18 (8800GTS) and Forceware 169.01 (8800GT)

msi88gt_g_17.gif

DX9 Gaming
------------------

msi88gt_g_03.gif

msi88gt_g_04.gif

msi88gt_g_06.gif

DX10 Gaming
--------------
msi88gt_g_19.gif

msi88gt_g_20.gif

msi88gt_g_21.gif

AA+AF Testing
---------------
msi88gt_g_15.gif

msi88gt_g_16.gif

Power Consumption
-------------------------
msi88gt_g_11.gif

taken from
MSI GeForce NX8800GT 512MB Graphics Card :: TweakTown

I honestly hope these results are correct but I just can't see Nvidia selling $230 cards that outperform their $400 cards. I am thinking about skipping these all together and just back tracking and throwing a 7900GS in a new little gaming box.

I honestly hope these results are correct but I just can't see Nvidia selling $230 cards that outperform their $400 cards. I am thinking about skipping these all together and just back tracking and throwing a 7900GS in a new little gaming box.

Tweaktown is a legitimate reviewer. As for a 7900GS...WHY would you do that? It's was an awesome card in its time but it's dated.

i myself wouldnt take these benchies to heart just yet. like u said the price tag doesnt match with the performace

Tweaktown is a legitimate reviewer. As for a 7900GS...WHY would you do that? It's was an awesome card in its time but it's dated.

LoL!! I mainly play CSS and older games. I am finding that a lot of newer games like the crysis demo, lost planet, UT3.. etc.. just have too much to them and it takes away from a good first person shooter. I love shooters, play a lot and take a lot of abuse from my lady for it, haha. The 7900 would be great for CSS and some older stuff that I play and I think that if I am gaming at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with it than I will be able to run games like Gears of War at decent frames per second when it is released. Will most likely overclock it as well. I can get it for $120 but $90 after a mail in rebate, that is the main reason. The 8800GT or 2900GT would be great choices as well but I think that I will be able to make due with the 7900GS and Windows XP. I don't like my vista, especially where it uses 35% of my memory just at idle.

LoL!! I mainly play CSS and older games. I am finding that a lot of newer games like the crysis demo, lost planet, UT3.. etc.. just have too much to them and it takes away from a good first person shooter. I love shooters, play a lot and take a lot of abuse from my lady for it, haha. The 7900 would be great for CSS and some older stuff that I play and I think that if I am gaming at 1024x768 or 1280x1024 with it than I will be able to run games like Gears of War at decent frames per second when it is released. Will most likely overclock it as well. I can get it for $120 but $90 after a mail in rebate, that is the main reason. The 8800GT or 2900GT would be great choices as well but I think that I will be able to make due with the 7900GS and Windows XP. I don't like my vista, especially where it uses 35% of my memory just at idle.

good point, about the vista memory, even when services are stopped it still uses the same amount. but i love the newer game like the crysis demo, best game ive ever played

13,000 in 3dmark06!? That is on par with 8800 Ultras. This does not make any sense, unless they will be selling the card for alot more than they originally said. I dont trust this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom