TV tuner cards, decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well I have been looking on newegg at all their TV tuner cards. Now I have heard that the PVR-150 is a good card. But I am running XP pro and dont know which cards come with the best utility to download guides and records video with. I know that media center has its own program to do so with. But I just need some input on what will work the best.

By the way I dont know if this makes a difference. But I have Dish Network sattelite tv.

software really isn't a big issue, pretty much all tuner cards come with software adequate for what you want. i've had good experiences performance wise with the Leadtek WinFast series however i would be lying if i didn't tell you i went through a lot of problems with them as well. the problems were virtually all related to the Leadtek software rather than the cards with the three WinFast cards i have owned (2x DTV1000-Ts and a TV1000XP). for performance and price i also like Avermedia cards. i have owned an analogue Avermedia card it works quite nicely.

check out "Media Portal" it's a freeware alternative to MCE, best of all it doesn't require a re-installation of windows if you already have a windows installation. it is just a program. it has a very nice interface and comes with a few skins, one of which mimics MCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom