TV Tuner Card.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonCrafter

Daemon Poster
Anyone here have a TV Tuner Card in thier system? I'm thinking of having one thrown in a laptop when I purchase. Are they worth the extra cash?

Thanks all.

in a laptop.....i love my TV tuner, when i am on the go, it sometimes comes in handy. but really, i use DVDs more, so depends on teh user. i personally wouldnt spend more than a 100$ extra for a tv tuner. What laptop are you looking at?

They make a good alternative to something like a TIVO for cheap. You can save and schedule recordings with software. You also do not need a TV.

i've got a PCI one in my desktop...though you wouldn't be able to use one like that so it really doesn't help you much.

but i really like mine though, they're pretty useful but since TV's use something like 640x480 resolution it gets a little annoying on the computer monitor as i'm used to a 1440x900 monitor.

so yeah, i'd definately say that's the only real setback for them...that the highest resolution you can get them to work at is 640x480 but you can still do fullscreen and stuff and it'll be very watchable unless you're obsesive compulsive about that kinda thing.

hmammen said:
in a laptop.....i love my TV tuner, when i am on the go, it sometimes comes in handy. but really, i use DVDs more, so depends on teh user. i personally wouldnt spend more than a 100$ extra for a tv tuner. What laptop are you looking at?

I'm not sure what laptop I'll get yet. I'm leaning towards an HP now, but we'll see. I think I'll really enjoy the tv tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom