TV Tuner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
I am sick of my TV's low quality bull, and really don't "watch" TV enough to buy a new one, so I figured... maybe I can get a TV tuner card and watch on my brand spanking new 1080P monitor that's about 2x the size of my TV?

Only problem is... I have no clue how to grade them for quality and "good" and such... unlike Graphics cards and such where it's pretty easy to do.

I want good, clean, lag/chop free quality from my cable. (My cable has been known to stutter, and have green blocking occur on it, or sound go out in spurts, but I am not sure if it's the cable box, TV, or just cruddy cable service doing it, and if I can get a 100% foolproof, great working TV tuner then if it DOESN'T happen on the computer, I'll know its the TVs)

Any suggestions? Would prefer USB interface, but any is fine, as I have open everything.

Well unless your using a HDTV cable box you won't get any better quality through a TV tuner,

the cable box is what decodes the signal from your provider and then encodes it into the signal your tV (or TV tuner receives) ,

now it's this part which will determine your definition,

I don't think it would be the provider's fault,

who's your provider?

once you have a good HDTV cable box you'll be set to get a nice TV tuner

Comcast I believe, but what would be causing the green block "artifacting" and stuttering, and sound distortion/silence?

Ive personally opened our cable box, lots of wiring and junk, and rigged it so my room had it (it was supposed to) and not having my wire dangle, however it's not just my room that stutters/lags, all of them do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom